Friday, January 7, 2011

SNOW! SNOW! The sky is falling!!!

So I went to Wally World today for our normal grocery run and wow what a mess.  The forecast for the greater Birmingham area is calling for the chance of snow and that white stuff makes people around here act down right silly.  I guess I could throw out the normal cliche of jokes about milk sandwiches and such but really why do we get so worked up?  Is it that its just something new, out of the ordinary?  Are people really afraid of getting "snowed in"  for some huge amount of time?  The most massive snow storm in recorded history of central Alabama hit in 1993 and it may be my revisionist history that recalls even with that historic event we were "snowed in" for no more than 2 days.  In fact I remember that weekend as being one of the most fun weekends of my senior year.  We were without electricity for four or five days but we made do and had a blast.  Who knows???

What I do know is that people will most likely get more worked up with anticipation about preparing for this "snow"event  than spend time getting ready to go and make disciples or just being discipled.  When is the last time you woke up with anticipation for worship and discipleship?

No comments:

Post a Comment